Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

deleting Virtual IP

I’m trying to delete an Virtual IP, but can’t find the which policy it tied too, is their a CLI command that will show me the road map of a Virtual IP
4 REPLIES 4
TopJimmy
New Contributor

I' ve found it easy to download a copy of the config, open it in your favorite text editor and search from there. p.s. I' ve been told they are adding grep (don' t take it to the bank yet) in the FortiOS 4.2 release
-TJ
-TJ
red_adair
New Contributor III

@TopJimmy: grep will be first available in FortiOS 4.2 - which is not out yet. To find dependencies on Objects use # diag sys checkused In your case: # diag sys checkused firewall.vip:name <VIP-NAME> Result example: entry used by child table dstaddr:name ' myVIP' of table firewall.policy:policyid ' 18' entry used by child table dstaddr:name ' myVIP' of table firewall.policy:policyid ' 31' -R.
TopJimmy

ORIGINAL: red.adair To find dependencies on Objects use # diag sys checkused In your case: # diag sys checkused firewall.vip:name <VIP-NAME> Result example: entry used by child table dstaddr:name ' myVIP' of table firewall.policy:policyid ' 18' entry used by child table dstaddr:name ' myVIP' of table firewall.policy:policyid ' 31' -R.
Nice! I wish there was a publicly released list of all the " diag" commands.
-TJ
-TJ
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

ORIGINAL: TopJimmy Nice! I wish there was a publicly released list of all the " diag" commands.
You and 90% of the rest of us....

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors