Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ipranger
Contributor

What service can be used on fortigate without contract?

Hello, What service can be used on fortigate without contract? I don' t need AV, there are no Windows. But Webfilter, IPS and Emailfilter where nice, is this possible? Yes i know, there are no Autoupdates, but can i use Webfilter an mailfilter with the existing datas in the database? Regards ipranger

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What service can be used on fortigate without contract? I don' t need AV, there are no Windows. But Webfilter, IPS and Emailfilter where nice, is this possible? Yes i know, there are no Autoupdates, but can i use Webfilter an mailfilter with the existing datas in the database?
Fortiguard, you will need active subscriptions. You can run IPS with no-updates and custom IPS rules with no subscription but that would be beneficial for updates/ You could run webfiltering with static entries to block , once again no updates or categorization and this would suck. This is how fortinet make money btw. So you don' t get anything free per-se

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ipranger
Contributor

Ok, thank you for the information. It' s for private for my uncle. I think for this it is ok. Regards ipranger

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors