Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JaapHoetmer
New Contributor III

VDOM and 40C

Hi there Does anyone know why VDOMs are no longer available in the combination FortiOS 5+FortiGate 40C? I could not find the information anywhere other than a remark in this forum that it is no longer available, but it would be interesting to know before I downgrade my 40C... Thanks
Kind regards, Jaap
Kind regards, Jaap
12 REPLIES 12
simonorch
Contributor

It' s not just vdoms, several feattures have been removed or moved from gui to cli in v.5.0 During beta testing Fortinet was asked to document those features moved or removed on the smaller boxes as we knew this would happen.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Man that sucks and goes against everything in the v5.0documents that I read. I wonder how many other things are not correct now, or how many other designers, would be screwed if the followed the documentation. and I quote from Fortinet Documents
By default, FortiGate units support a maximum of 10 VDOMs in any combination of NAT/Route and Transparent modes. For FortiGate models numbered 3000 and higher, you can purchase a Fortinet Technologies Inc. Page 9 FortiOSTM Handbook - Virtual Domains for FortiOS 5.0 license key to increase the maximum number of VDOMs to 25, 50, 100, or 250. For more information on VDOM licences, see “Virtual Domain Licensing” on page 27.
and then the clarify it again with the following;
All FortiGate models except the FortiGate-30B and FortiWiFi-30B models support VDOMs. By default 10 VDOMs are available.
Don' t fortinet police their own documents any more for accuracy and then their product sheets? You have documents and product sheets saying one thing and the unit doing something total opposite. And btw, all of the above is from fortiOS v5.0 vdom literature from fortinet.Nov-2012.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

In my opinion, you have a strong argument for a steeply discounted upgrade... Work with your partner. They may be able to do something for you in this circumstance.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors