Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
begasus72
New Contributor

User Authentication policy doesn't work.

Hello,

my FGT 100D has 5.2.4 firmware version.

I tried more time to configure User Identity Policy to prevent access from an interface to another based on user/group rule, but i didn't receive any user and password request across my browser.

In older firmware It worked fine.

How can I solve it?

Yhanks

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I'd suggest to use debug flow tool or session list to check which firewall policy was used/applied on the traffic. As it might appear that your traffic is matching different policy.

Also note that 5.0 vs 5.2 policy design has changed, see What's new on Docs.fortinet.com. Basically 5.2 has automatic fall through unauthenticated built in policy check, which mean all IP based policies are checked first, then should the traffic hit implicit deny second policy check round is strated, now taking user/device identity into account.

Here is the KB for FortiOS built in tools .. extremely handy for traffic flow related issues troubleshooting

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD30038

Kind regards, Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

begasus72

Thanks xsilver for your reply.

I try to write more details:

I configured a single policy (MARCO), into a VDOM, that permit from interface WAN (subintervace IP 30.40.0.2) with source any-IP and marco-USER to an interface with destination my server 40.40.40.40.

if I try to reach my server, the match policy is matched (i see in log),  but the browser link is modified with the IP 30.40.0.2 and then null page without it ask me any authentication popup. No other policy is matched.

If i only remove user marco, i can access to my server. 

My FGT  has firmware v5.4.0,build1011.

sorry

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors