Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pbarbieri
Contributor

Upstream IF

Hello

When I execute  the command for a multicast address for instance : "get router info multicast PIM dense-mode table 239.2.10.10"  the Upstream IF is not what I attend and the the upstream state is pruned.

My  logical configuration (see the picture) is composed by 4 nodes  (firewall 600D) PIM enabled using  between them GRE tunnels  in a HUB and SPOKE architecture. Each Spoke send multicast packet to both HUBs by GRE.

The Upstream IF sometime are not the GRE tunnels that the spokes use to send multicast .

Any  configuration to force  the spokes to use only a specific GRE between spoke to hubs? RPF seems ignore static routing and policies.

Policies and static routing have been configured but RPF neighbor is sometime wrong.  What do I need to use? Policy routing? 

PIM-GRE.jpg

3 Solutions
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello parbieri,

I hope you are good :)! 

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

As usual, I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.

View solution in original post

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello parbieri,

I have found this KB article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-troubleshoot-IGMP-and-PIM-Dense-Mod...

Could you please tell me if it is helping?

Regards,

pbarbieri

Thank you very much ! Very useful for troubleshooting. I found the solution, the clients was not able to join the multicast group in good manner. PIM was not to work correctly. I forced inside the firewall the instructions to join the group:

config router multicast-flow
    edit {name}
    # Configure multicast-flow.
        set name {string}   Name. size[35]
        set comments {string}   Comment. size[127]
        config flows
            edit {id}
            # Multicast-flow entries.
                set id {integer}   Flow ID. range[0-4294967295]
                set group-addr {ipv4 address any}   Multicast group IP address.
                set source-addr {ipv4 address any}   Multicast source IP address.
            next
    next
end

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello parbieri,

I hope you are good :)! 

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

As usual, I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

pbarbieri

Thank you very much ! Very useful for troubleshooting. I found the solution, the clients was not able to join the multicast group in good manner. PIM was not to work correctly. I forced inside the firewall the instructions to join the group:

config router multicast-flow
    edit {name}
    # Configure multicast-flow.
        set name {string}   Name. size[35]
        set comments {string}   Comment. size[127]
        config flows
            edit {id}
            # Multicast-flow entries.
                set id {integer}   Flow ID. range[0-4294967295]
                set group-addr {ipv4 address any}   Multicast group IP address.
                set source-addr {ipv4 address any}   Multicast source IP address.
            next
    next
end

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello parbieri,

I have found this KB article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-troubleshoot-IGMP-and-PIM-Dense-Mod...

Could you please tell me if it is helping?

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors