Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JohnAgora
Contributor

Update Device IP through CLI

Hello,

I have a doubt: How do I update the device IP through CLI?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Somashekara_Hanumant

Hi,

If you are you looking to configure a IP address, address object from CLI commands then please follow the below commands

config firewall address

edit <enter appropriate name>

set type ipmask

set ip x.x.x.x/32 (for example 192.168.2.10/32)

set associated-interface <Associated interface name> --->>>> if you don't want to bind any interface, then leave it

end

Cheers,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support
ede_pfau

Please clarify your question: what is a "device IP"? Do you mean the management IP in Transparent mode, or just any port's address in NAT/routing mode?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
petertavenier

For the FortiManager?

config system interface     edit "port1"         set ip 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0

end

JohnAgora

Hello,

I believe I didn't make myself clear. Sorry.

I have around 1,000 Fortigates added to my FortiManger.

I manage all those devices in 1 ADOM (root).

Anyhow, I want to apply a change on each device so they connect to my FortiManger through the VPN.

Their current IP is 189.100.201.45 (for example; any public IP). The problem is that the ISP changes the IP every certain time.

I want to change the configuration, so each device can access the FortiManger through their private IP (10.x.x.1).

In the Fortigate I already have the code.

But how do I tell the fortimanager that the device (firewall with hostname XXX, Serial Number FWXXX) will now be reached in the IP 10.1.1.1 for example?

Thanks!

petertavenier

I have a setup where multiple fortigates are behind the same NAT IP. The configuration is that they connect to a public IP where the FortiManager is located. All those fortigates have the same IP address if you look at the FortiManager, but you can login to the separate devices. If one device moves and therefor gets another IP address is just reports itself to the FortiManager and you can control it via the FortiManger again. E.g. "diagnose fgfm session-list" shows different devices with the same IP
JohnAgora

I've done some testing and the FMG looses connectivity...

The remote devices have 5.2.4.

When the remote devices change IP the FortiManager can no longer connects to them (nor make changes, etc.).

Is there a config line that I should put in the remote devices?

scao_FTNT

so there has NAT between FMG and FGT? can FMG reach FGT or only FGT can reach FMG?

after FGT change IP and if FGT can then re-connect to FMG with new tunnel setup, FMG still can connect to FGT OK through tunnel

so pls check on FGT if can see FMG IP?

v8c # conf sys central-management v8c (central-management) # get ... fmg                 : 10.2.112.71 ..

Thanks

Simon

JohnAgora

FortiManager has a public IP.

If FMG knows the remote device IP, FMG can reach the device.

FMG can connect OK through tunnel (as longs as it knows the IP).

JohnAgora

I've talk with the TAC and it looks there is not solution.

You can do it in the GUI, but not through CLI.

In GUI is: Right click->Edit->*Insert new IP*->OK

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors