Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
40User
New Contributor

Unable to access second interface through VPN IPSEC interface tunnel

I hope that i can properly state my issue with a VPN tunnel between our corporate office and a branch office. This is the 8th tunnel I am trying to setup to a branch office. The other 7 are working fine with other offices. heres the scenario: (IP INFO IS USED AS AN EXAMPLE) SITE A: (internal1 interface) in 192.168.2.0/24 SITE B (internal1 interface) 192.168.3.0/24 SITE B (internal2 interface) 192.168.4.0/24 The IPSEC VPN is in INTERFACE MODE (lets call it VPN-INT1) and I am successfully able to ping and access resources on INT1 at SITE B but nothing on the INT2 at SITE B. In the static routing on the FORTI at SITE A I have entered: 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0 VPN-INT1 15 192.168.4.0/255.255.255.0 VPN-INT1 15 In the firewall policies at SITE A i entered: SITE A INTERNAL1 ALL ACCESS TO INT1 and INT2 through VPN-INT1 all accept In the firewall policies at SITE B i entered: SITE A INTERNAL1 ALL ACCESS TO INT1 and INT2 through VPN-INT1 all accept I did this for both INT1 and INT2 at SITE B. Again, I able to access INT1 resources at SITE B but nothing on the INT2 resources. What am i missing here???? Its bothering the heck out of me because I have other offices setup in a somewhat in a similar fashion with no issues. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
40User

ORIGINAL: SecureLayers-Eric To debug this do the following via the CLI on both ends diag sniffer packet any ' icmp and host <IP from your PC>' 4 you will see packets (ping/tracert) from and to interfaces and this will explain the issue. bob: the routing metrics / distances don' t have to be lower than the default gateway, routing works on best match and then on metric and distance not the other way round. Regards, Eric
Eric, I will try the fix and see what happens....Thanks.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors