Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

Tunnel Mode unresponsive Connect button for some users

Hi, I opened a ticket with FG support but they still have not found a solution to this issue. I’m wondering if somebody here has had this issue before. Some of my users click on the Connect button to initiate Tunnel Mode and it’s like the Connect button is unresponsive or dead. I don’t think it’s a group or user issue since all users are part of the same group. I’m scratching my head on why it works for some and not for others. It must be on the client side but what? Here are my version: Fortigate 200B v4.0,build0291,100824 (MR2 Patch 2) Client 4.0.2084
13 REPLIES 13
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

The Fortissl dialup connection status is at " Unavailable - device missing" !!!!!!
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

I think I solved it. At least it works on my test PC. Will try it on my production PC’s today. The issue with “Unavailable-Device missing” for a device is that there are no miniports installed on the PC. Most support techs that have no clue other then how there product works will often tell you that you need to format and reinstall your OS witch was the case with fortinet support. To me that’s not an acceptable answer. If reinstalling your OS will fix the issue then that means that it’s a software or configuration issue that can be repaired without the need to reinstall. Solution: I found that there were no Miniports installed on the PC. You can see if this is the case on your system by going to Control panel, system, Hardware, Device Manager, click on View, Show hidden devices. Under Network Adapters you should see a series of WAN Miniport (IP, PPPOE, PPTP….). These ports are often used for different adapters like VPN clients for example. If the Miniports are not visible you will need to reinstall them. First download devcon.exe. This is a utility from Microsoft. When that is done you can find the different miniport driver names associated to your OS in the following file c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf. This path is for Windows XP and it will be different for other OS. Here are the command lines I used in XP to reinstall the needed Miniports. devcon.exe install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_PppoeMiniport devcon.exe install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_NdisWanIp devcon.exe install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_PptpMiniport devcon.exe install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_L2tpMiniport Reboot your PC following these commands. You will probably need to reinstall your VPN client or hardware driver that was not functioning before. This will reinitialize binding to the Miniports. This is a result of a few days works so I hope this will help somebody out there. Voila Mike
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Great info! This will probably save many of us HUGE volumes of time. Too bad it cannot be made sticky...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

It works for most PCs. I fixed more then a dozen and still some to go. I only have a handful of user that I’m still having issues connecting but it might be related to something else.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors