Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jasonct
New Contributor

Fortiguard - Web-based Email Category

Hi.. our company policy do not allowed web-mail access within company network. Fortiguard' s Web-based email category seem to be able to block most, but not sure why only gmail is still allow to go thru?! Any advise? thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ejhardin
Contributor

Use application control it works for us. Also I think that you might be able to block most of gmail by creating a url filter for gmail.com and mail.google.com.
jasonct
New Contributor

hi ejhardin, thanks for the prompt reply.. hmm.. what you mean by application control?! currently, i' m blocking using url filter but was just wondering why the web-based email category did not capture this.. i just don' t want to create too much such " individual rules or policy" thanks :o)
ejhardin
Contributor

If you are using a newer fortios (4.0) then you can use application control to block some web based programs (web-mail) and other applications.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors