Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

Tunnel Mode unresponsive Connect button for some users

Hi, I opened a ticket with FG support but they still have not found a solution to this issue. I’m wondering if somebody here has had this issue before. Some of my users click on the Connect button to initiate Tunnel Mode and it’s like the Connect button is unresponsive or dead. I don’t think it’s a group or user issue since all users are part of the same group. I’m scratching my head on why it works for some and not for others. It must be on the client side but what? Here are my version: Fortigate 200B v4.0,build0291,100824 (MR2 Patch 2) Client 4.0.2084
13 REPLIES 13
zmag
New Contributor

Mike, try a different browser, I have had issues with IE and have seen others with the same.
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

I tried Firefox but I get this error message when login on and by clicking OK I get booted out. Is there a link? The SSL-VPN Host-check Java applet cannot be loaded. Please check you have Java installed and enabled. Not sure how I do that but I’m searching. Any help would be appreciated. Mike
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

I reinstalled Java and it does not fix the issue. The error message is gone in Firefox but the connection does not work with IE and Firefox. The issue is on the PC and not on the server I gather since I have a PC here that I successfully connect with any user and from the problem PC' s I can' t connect no matter what user I utilize to connect. I just can' t figure out what is wrong and it looks like support is not finding any solutions either..... :\
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Can you find any common threads? Windows updates? Service Packs? JAVA versions? Browser versions?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

Update on this issue. Support has moved me up to the next level support. No news since..... They seem baffled on what is causing this issue. They have never seen this before. Just my luck I guess. I have setup up a PC and can replicate the issue. It’s a plug in issue I’m certain. The PC is a Windows XP SP3 PC and all the updates are done on it. Otherwise nothing special. The only thing I can add is that all the PC causing the issue come from an image pushed with Acronis thus they are all the same image. Might be a SID issue!!! I’ll try changing the SID to test. Be back with that. :\
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Back in the day we had strange issues with cloned image PCs (Win 9x). What we found was simply deleting the IP stack and reloading it would fix most issues, and break the ' cloned SID' issues.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

Me again. I reset the SID, the IP stack and installed all the Windows updates and the issue is still there. I used Filemon to create a log during the connect attempt. There’s lots of stuff in there but I have no clue what to look for. Here is the log just in case somebody here knows what he or she is looking at. Still waiting for level 2 tp call me back since last Thursday. Nothing yet. I' m out of ideas....HEEEEEELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
TopJimmy
New Contributor

I have that problem too but only after a firewall upgrade that requires a new SSL VPN client (such as upgrading from 4.1.8 to 4.2.2) and generally only happens to Vista/Windows7 clients. The resolution for us is to remove the SSL VPN client from Programs and Features and reinstall it. Some times i' ve seen the regular FortiClient interfere and have had to not only remove the SSL VPN client but the FortiClient, reboot, then reinstall the SSL VPN first and then the regular FortiClient.
-TJ
-TJ
Mike_Berube
New Contributor

I might have found why this is happening. It looks like the SSL VPN connection is not binding. Anybody know how to force binding? I have over 20 computers with this issue and I don’t want to format every PC to fix this issue.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors