Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Holy
Contributor

Traffic Shaping high,medium and low Traffic

Hello,

i want to do Traffic Shaping for RDP, so RDP should have High Priority and all the other Traffic Medium.

so This RDP Traffic goes to a IPsec S2S Tunnel on WAN1.

so i created a policy and put it on top with Service RDP and Traffic Shaping Option "High" and for Reverse Traffic Shaping "High" too.

So do i have to add "Medium" Traffic Shaping to other Policies that goes through s2s Tunnel only or all the Policy that goes through WAN1 ? what about other interfaces like WAN2? should i gibe all the Policies "medium" traffic shaping except or RDP Policy?

i don´t get it yet :)

Thank you

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
4 REPLIES 4
FatalHalt
Contributor II

Hey There,

Per Fortinet's Documentation

If you do not apply any traffic shaping rule to a policy, the policy is set to high priority by default.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Becareful on this, you are TS over what I suspect is a  routed-based vpn interface, so will the  TS priority be carried from the tunnel to the WAN1? Basically if you define a TS-policy in a tunnel interface as HIGH will the ipsec packets carrying that datagram actually fall in the  WAN1 high service-queue or is it measured directly across the tunnel interface directly?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
FatalHalt

emnoc wrote:

Basically if you define a TS-policy in a tunnel interface as HIGH will the ipsec packets carrying that datagram actually fall in the  WAN1 high service-queue or is it measured directly across the tunnel interface directly?

This is a good question - one that I've had before. If my routed vpn policy is high, but the vpn itself is medium, which is used?

Holy

This is a reaaly good question...

yes it is a Routed-based vpn INteface and i have 15 VPN´s on That interface in the HQ.  so now i have to add to all the Policies going to and from this 15 VPN TS "Medium" and only for the RDP Traffic from this 15 VPNs "High" , and also a "medium" TS for all policies going to and from WAN1 ? 

emnoc wrote:

Becareful on this, you are TS over what I suspect is a  routed-based vpn interface, so will the  TS priority be carried from the tunnel to the WAN1? Basically if you define a TS-policy in a tunnel interface as HIGH will the ipsec packets carrying that datagram actually fall in the  WAN1 high service-queue or is it measured directly across the tunnel interface directly?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors