Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Strange OSPF Problem

I have setup a IPSec VPN to two central FGT (like in every other department) This is the only department running 4.3 at the moment (4.3.8) I have created two Interface based VPNs, which are up and running. No OSPF Routes are transported thou. get router info ospf neighbor shows my central FGT as EXSTART. debugging shows following: id=36868 msg=" OSPF: RECV[DD]: From 192.168.10.8 via CNT-Dep-W1W1:10.10.10.44: MTU size is too large (1412)" I have tried to reduce the mtu on the physical interface where the Interface VPNS terminate to 1400 but still receive the same error. I noticed that with (this) MR3 the VPN Interfaces are no longer shown as Subinterface of the phsical interface? Any hints on what could be the source for that?
3 REPLIES 3
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Have you tried playing with the OSPF interface MTU? CLI only adjustment.
 config router ospf
         config ospf-interface
             edit " OSPF_Interface" 
                 set cost 10
                 set interface " VPN.Interface" 
                 set ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                 set mtu 1500
                 set network-type point-to-point
             next
         end
 end

This works on at least V4, MR2, P 12.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes the MTU ignore needs to be enable from either end. Also ensure your ospf parameters are the same ( hello and dead intervals )

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

SET MTU 1400 in the central site for just this two OSPF Interfaces sorted the problem. Thanks alot
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors