Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

Stop Spam

Hi everyone,

we have fortigate200D in Our network and we are using Exchange 2010 server 

our client in my network complain to me they are receiving spam and virus email daily 

how to configure email filtering correctly to  stop spam emails.

thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20
CAD
Contributor

where are you guys?

i need your help please......

Bromont_FTNT

not much info to go on... can you post your firewall policies and e-mail profiles? Are you scanning SMTPS? This will also turn on TLS inspection over port 25.

CAD

thanks to reply i will upload our policy and email filter profile

CAD
Contributor

this  policy between servers and client because my server and client in different vlan

CAD
Contributor

this  email filtering profile 

NKL
New Contributor III

You are scanning traffic between your clients and the Exchange server. Chances are that your clients are using MAPI-protocol to connect to your Exchange server, so your protection profile that is scanning SMTP-, POP3- and IMAP-traffic for SPAM is of no use.

Plus, the better approach may be to scan traffic, where the SPAM is initially coming from: the internet. Configure a policy with protection profiles, that scans the mail traffic from internet to your Exchange server. That way, SPAM mails hitting your Exchange server, will already be marked as SPAM.

CAD
Contributor

I received this network of technical former official information I do not have sufficient experience I'm here I want your help I was trying to protect the network from spam and malicious e-mail, so I need your help is necessary in order to protect the environment I work and I want to keep my job.

How make fortigate Scan Spam form Begging....   please dear permalink?

my fortigate as showing in diagram is not facing internet.

thanks in advance.

NKL
New Contributor III

I don't see any diagram. How do mails get to your Exchange server?
CAD
Contributor

the mail route throw TMG the Public IP setting in TMG.

i I've been upload the  diagram please check

thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors