Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmoe
New Contributor

Sniffer syntax help.

Is there a way to define a port range in the sniffer? For example can I do: diagnose sniffer packet any ' host x.x.x.x and tcp port 6520-6540' Thank you in advance, Tom
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The best I can come up with is
 diagnose sniffer packet any ' host x.x.x.x and ( tcp port 6520 or 6521 or 6522)' 

and so on. No ' greater' , ' gt' , ' >' , ' portrange' tokens as it seems.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
tmoe
New Contributor

Argh...... Thanks for the confirmation.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

btw: pcap expression filters allows for the execution of the portrange in the expression filters, but I don' t know how you would string this on the fortigate from my macosx for example kota:~ root# kota:~ root# tcpdump -i en1 -n -vvv portrange 80-100 tcpdump: listening on en1, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 65535 bytes ede_pfau example would work, but could be tedious if you had a big range of ports. Also tcpdump expressions allow for using the portrange along with src or dst parameters e.g tcpdump dst portrange 80-100

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors