Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FrankAgency
New Contributor

Skype for Business 2015 Edge firewall help

Hello All,

I am hoping someone can help me out here. I have a Fortigaurd D-200 firewall and for some reason I can't get my firewall to let ports 443 and 5061 pass through. I have it configured in the IPV4 policy to let traffic coming from WAN1 go to Port 1 and forward traffic to VIP 209.x.x.108 -->10.x.x.62. I have the service set as 5061 and 443 first, but it still will not allow traffic to IP 10.x.x.62. I tried also to let all ports through to VIP 209.x.x.108 --> 10.x.x.62 but when going to the Remote connection Analyzer from Microsoft it says that there is still issues with port 5061 to lyncdiscoverinternal.<domain>.com. The DNS for lyncdiscoverinternal.<domain>.com is showing 10.x.x.62 so it seems to be resolving right. Can anyone help me get my firewall to allow ports 5061 and 443 through?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Frank,

Traffic logging (especially using FortiAnalyzer) can tell you the story much more accurately than what I can guess, but after reading your message a couple of times it seems possible that you are missing a route statement to send traffic to 10.x.x.62 out port1?  If that's the case, it won't match your firewall policy until you fix that.

It's also possible that there is a policy misconfiguration (correct order, etc), but the route statement seems a more likely oversight (I've made it as well before).  If you think the routing is set up correctly, you can verify it by going to Monitor > Routing Monitor to make sure the route you want is actually installed in the routing table.  If not, a better route must be matching it or an interface is down or something.

- Daniel Hamilton

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors