Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dannу
Contributor

Show custom local-in policies in FortiGate WebUI

Works with IPv4 & IPv6 local-in policies.

Can auto-run when imported as Userscript.
Purely reads and shows the config, not touching it.
If you use it, please write a comment or click the Kudo button.

Show custom local-in policies in FortiGate's WebUI with just a click!

1. Login to your FortiGate's WebUI and open to the local-in policy
    • Enable in System > Feature Visibility if required
      image.png
  2. Create a new bookmark in your web browser and copy the JavaScript code below into the URL field.
  3. Click the bookmark and enjoy viewing your custom local-in policies!

Result:
clip_after.pngCopy & paste into a bookmark:

javascript:(async function(){const ip4=await fetch('/api/v2/cmdb/firewall/local-in-policy');const a4=await ip4.json();const ip6=await fetch('/api/v2/cmdb/firewall/local-in-policy6');const a6=await ip6.json();const m=document.querySelector('.mutable-menu');const p=document.createElement('div');p.setAttribute("id","clip");s=t="<table style='width:100%;padding:0;border-spacing:0;border-collapse:collapse'><tr>";if(a4.size===0 && a6.size===0){s+="<td style='text-align:center;color:#aaa'>No custom Local-in policy configured.</td></tr>"}else{u="<td style='height:37px;text-align:center;background-color:gainsboro;border:1px solid #B9B9B9' colspan='9'>Custom Local-In ";v="Policy<span style='color:#aaa'> &rarr; configured via CLI / API</span></td></tr>";w="<tr style='height:32px;text-align:center;color:#fff;background-color:#5A5A5A;border:1px solid #B9B9B9'><td>&nbsp;#&nbsp;</td><td>Status</td><td>Interface</td><td>Source</td><td>Destination</td><td>Service</td><td>Action</td><td>Schedule</td><td>Comments</td></tr>"}if(a4.size!=0){if(a6.size===0){s+=u+v+w}else{s+=u+"<span style='color:green'>IPv4</span> "+v+w}for(const _ of a4.results){src_='';for(let i in _.srcaddr){if(i!=0){src_+='<br>'}if(_["srcaddr-negate"]=='enable'){src_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}src_+=_.srcaddr[i].name}dst_='';for(let j in _.dstaddr){if(j!=0){dst_+='<br>'}if(_["dstaddr-negate"]=='enable'){dst_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}dst_+=_.dstaddr[j].name}svc_='';for(let k in _.service){if(k!=0){svc_+='<br>'}if(_["service-negate"]=='enable'){svc_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}svc_+=_.service[k].name}s+='<tr style="height:32px;text-align:center"><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.policyid+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.status.replace('enable','<f-icon class="fa-enabled" title="Enabled" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;Enabled').replace('disable','<f-icon class="fa-disabled" title="Disabled" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;<span style="color:silver">Disabled</span>')+_["ha-mgmt-intf-only"].replace('enable','<br>HA&nbsp;management&nbsp;interface&nbsp;only').replace('disable','')+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.intf+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+src_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+dst_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+svc_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.action.replace('deny','<f-icon class="fa-denied" title="Deny" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;DENY').replace('accept','<f-icon class="fa-accepted" title="Accept" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;ACCEPT')+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.schedule+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.comments+'</td></tr>'}}if(a6.size!=0){t+=u+"<span style='color:darkviolet'>IPv6</span> "+v+w;for(const _ of a6.results){src_='';for(let l in _.srcaddr){if(l!=0){src_+='<br>'}if(_["srcaddr-negate"]=='enable'){src_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}src_+=_.srcaddr[l].name}dst_='';for(let m in _.dstaddr){if(m!=0){dst_+='<br>'}if(_["dstaddr-negate"]=='enable'){dst_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}dst_+=_.dstaddr[m].name}svc_='';for(let n in _.service){if(n!=0){svc_+='<br>'}if(_["service-negate"]=='enable'){svc_+='<f-icon class="fa-negate" title="Negated" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;'}svc_+=_.service[n].name}t+='<tr style="height:32px;text-align:center"><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.policyid+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.status.replace('enable','<f-icon class="fa-enabled" title="Enabled" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;Enabled').replace('disable','<f-icon class="fa-disabled" title="Disabled" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;<span style="color:silver">Disabled</span>')+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.intf+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+src_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+dst_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+svc_+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.action.replace('deny','<f-icon class="fa-denied" title="Deny" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;DENY').replace('accept','<f-icon class="fa-accepted" title="Accept" style="cursor:pointer"></f-icon>&nbsp;ACCEPT')+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.schedule+'</td><td style="border:1px solid #E2E2E2">'+_.comments+'</td></tr>'}}f="</table><br><table style='width:100%;padding:0;border-spacing:0;border-collapse:collapse'><tr><td style='height:37px;text-align:center;background-color:gainsboro;border:1px solid #B9B9B9;border-bottom:0'>Auto Local-In Policy<span style='color:#aaa'> &rarr; managed by FortiGate</span></td></tr></table>";if(a6.size===0){p.innerHTML=s+f}else{if(a4.size===0){p.innerHTML=t+f}else{p.innerHTML=s+"</table><br>"+t+f}}if(document.contains(document.getElementById("clip"))){document.getElementById("clip").remove();}m.after(p)})();
9 REPLIES 9
Yurisk
Valued Contributor

Hello Danny, 

thanks for the useful script - tried it on few Forti already, works as expected, works on 6.4.x, 6.2.x, and 7.2.x. It does not work on 5.6.x I am sure because API paths are different in older versions, which is ok - not many left at 5.6.x train anyway.

If you can host it somewhere - your blog/Github/etc, I will be glad to put a link to it on my Local-in post https://yurisk.info/2020/06/07/fortigate-local-in-policy/ which comes quite high in the Google searches, for better outreach.

Best regards

Yuri

Yuri https://yurisk.info/  blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Yuri https://yurisk.info/ blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
vweis
Staff
Staff

Very helpful UX improvement for Local-In Policies in the GUI! 

Digital security, everywhere you need it.
KhanhVSS
New Contributor

Its so awesome, hope this will be added to UI soon

thantzm
New Contributor

It's awesome and very helpful.

Roee-Golan
New Contributor II

Dear Dannу,

Thank you for the technical guide you provided.

Best regards,
Roee Golan.

PRosenlind
New Contributor III

This looks amazing! I've always missed this feature. We always talk about using local-in policys but they are always very hard to "grip". This helps for sure! 

Thanks for your contribution Danny! 

FCSS SDWAN EFW
FCSS SDWAN EFW
YannicS
New Contributor II

Very helpful! 
Would be great if this could be added to your FortiGate WebUI tool.

Dannу

I added it to the WebUI tool.

Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

This code is a JavaScript bookmarklet that can be used to show custom local-in policies in FortiGate's WebUI. The bookmarklet reads the configuration and displays it in a table format, without making any changes to the configuration.

To use this bookmarklet, you can follow these steps:

1. Login to your FortiGate's WebUI and navigate to System > Feature Visibility. Make sure that the local-in policy is enabled.

2. Create a new bookmark in your web browser and copy the JavaScript code provided above into the URL field.

3. Click the bookmark and the local-in policies will be displayed in a table format.

Note that this code works for both IPv4 and IPv6 local-in policies. Also, if you use this bookmarklet, it is recommended to write a comment or click the Kudo button to acknowledge its usefulness.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors