Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ift38375
New Contributor

Section view is currently Disabled

How can we easily identify that which ploicy creating problem.

I am not using policy with "any" interface.   Plz help

7 REPLIES 7
ShrewLWD
Contributor

Hi IFT,

It's *possible* it got disabled in the global...

config system global

set gui-policy-interface-pairs-view enable

end

It's not just the 'ANY' interface that can cause this, however.  Combining two interfaces into one rule will also break section view (a super silly example: you have your WAN and DMZ listed as the Source or destination, of a rule). 

ift38375

ShrewLWD wrote:

Hi IFT,

It's *possible* it got disabled in the global...

config system global

set gui-policy-interface-pairs-view enable

end

It's not just the 'ANY' interface that can cause this, however.  Combining two interfaces into one rule will also break section view (a super silly example: you have your WAN and DMZ listed as the Source or destination, of a rule). 

Hello Shrew,

this command is not working in CLI mode, version of FortiGate 100D is  v5.0,build4429.

There are no such type of rule or policy in Firewall as you said ((a super silly example: you have your WAN and DMZ listed as the Source or destination, of a rule). Give me some examples  or trick to search conflict rules.

ShrewLWD

Hmm, yes I tested on my 600C (509) and 100D (521) and that command is now gone.  It's still listed here in their 5.0 documentation...

http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/50/index.html#page/FortiOS%25205.0%2520Help/gui.070.14.html

Well, you could dump the config file and check the policy section for something like;

set srcintf "WAN1" "WAN2"

or

set dstintf "internal" "DMZ"

etc.

Please note: around patch 6 of 5.0 they did explicitly make a change to the Section View:

To improve GUI performance, Section View is disabled in the firewall policy page if a large number of policies exist

Do you have a high number of policies?

ift38375

ShrewLWD wrote:

Hmm, yes I tested on my 600C (509) and 100D (521) and that command is now gone.  It's still listed here in their 5.0 documentation...

http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/50/index.html#page/FortiOS%25205.0%2520Help/gui.070.14.html

Well, you could dump the config file and check the policy section for something like;

set srcintf "WAN1" "WAN2"

or

set dstintf "internal" "DMZ"

etc.

Please note: around patch 6 of 5.0 they did explicitly make a change to the Section View:

To improve GUI performance, Section View is disabled in the firewall policy page if a large number of policies exist

Do you have a high number of policies?

Hello Shrew,

FortiGate have only 53 Policies. Can you check remotely our Firewall Policies.

My GMAIL id id  kuldeepsingh007ster@gmail.com , Ping me on this id or you can share you Gmail id   where i will give Firewall access through Teamviewer.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you do not want to load an unencrypted backup of the config file into a text editor and perform the search yourself, you can always type show firewall policy on the CLI.

For a quick search to see if there are multiple interface names used in the config, type on the CLI the following...

show full | grep srcintf and

show full | grep dstintf

edit: you can also use show firewall policy | grep -f <interface name> (e.g. show firewall policy | grep -f wan1)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ShrewLWD

Hey ift,

I'm sorry, but being able to assist directly is not something I am comfortable doing.

You may want to open a ticket with Fortinet TAC so they can take a look (assuming it is registered and has an active contract).

Please do not accept an invitation from anyone claiming to be me, on your gmail account.

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Multiple interfaces in a policy are only allowed in FOS v5 and higher.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors