Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

PPTP Connection. Clients not recognizing the internal net

Hi all, I am a new user. I have a FORTI100 ver 2.8 I try to configure a PPTP. Range on firewall 10.1.4.1 - 10.1.4.255 Internal Network 10.1.0.0/16 The connection works fine, but the clients cannot ping the internal network The clients receive the correct Ip address 10.1.4.1, 10.1.4.2 etc. but not recognizing the network. Where I am wrong. Thank you in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

I' m sorry I have forgotten two things. 1. when I connect an warning is created in Event Log on Firewall: " CTRL: Ignored a SET LINK INFO packet with real ACCMs!" 2. When I disconnect an error is created in Event Log : CTRL: Error with select(), quitting Thank you Nick64
Not applicable

The fortigate, unlike most other PPTP devices, is not providing an automatic route from the pptp address range to the internal network. You can fix this in 2 ways: 1. provide a manual route at the pptp client (pain in the butt) 2. make the pptp range on the Fortigate a subset of the internal network subnet. In your case carve out a small section of the 10.1.0.0/16 subnet for the pptp range and things should work fine. Mitch
Not applicable

Thank you a lot for the answer, but the clients have an Ip within the range of internal LAN (10.1.4.1 for example). I think the problem is the mask of this address. In effect the mask is always 255.255.255.255. On firewall I have configurated an address like this 10.1.0.0/16, but the mask not changes Nick64
Adrian_Lewis
Contributor

The PPTP client will always pick up a 255.255.255.255 subnet. This is nearly always the case for PPP and hence PPTP connections. It is a point to point connection in the same way as a dial up internet connection is. Doesn' t really help but just thought I' d try to explain the subnet mask issue.
Not applicable

I have learned a lesson. Before writing it' s better to read I have found the solution below in this forum. EXT->INT My-PPTP Network -> My LAN Network Always My services Accept No Nat My profile Great! Thank you again Nick64
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors