Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsharpley
New Contributor

No hits on Virtual IP when sending traffic

Hey ...

I have a virtual IP on FortiGate 81F.   Using port 1444.

When I send traffic to the WAN interface on port 1444 it doesn't register at all on the FortiGate.

I have other VIPs that are working fine.

I have a corresponding FW rule for the port that uses the VIP ... also no hits.

What have I missed?

7 REPLIES 7
jiahoong112
Staff
Staff

Kindly refer to this document as a guide to configure VIP with port forwarding: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Virtual-IP-VIP-port-forwarding-configurati... 

Is your Fortigate running in Policy NAT mode or Central NAT mode?

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi @nsharpley 

As @jiahoong112 mentioned please verify the configuration of your Virtual IP first and if everything is fine there, you can run a diagnose sniffer command to see if the traffic matching the VIP is entering the firewall or not.

# diagnose sniffer packet any 'host <VirtualIP>' 4

If the traffic is not hitting the Firewall, then you need to examine the routing on your upstream devices. If the traffic is hitting the firewall, next step to perform a diag debug to see what happens with the flow. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.15/cookbook/54688/debugging-the-packet-flow

Performing these steps will give you an idea with what is happening with the traffic. 

Best Regards,

nsharpley
New Contributor

I am now getting hits on the VIP but the FW policy is still 0B.

hbac

Hi @nsharpley,

Please check your firewall policy and make sure source and destination are configured correctly. 

Regards, 

nsharpley
New Contributor

Will perform some flow debug next ... appreciate the tips folks, thanks.

nsharpley
New Contributor

Resolved now.

FW policy config error on my part, which I knew it would be, but the suggestions here were the guide.

Thanks.

TecDD10

Hi, how you have resolved? i have the same problem

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors