Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Oberon
New Contributor

New prices in Euroe ???

Is that really true !!!! Is Fortigate changing in Europe their pricesystem ??? I heard about a massive increase of their prices! may someone knows more about it? kr Oberon
Private Use: Fortigate-50B, 4.00-MR3, NAT/IPsec-VPN/SSL-VPN
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

hello, yes, that' s true. I also heared about it. someone from fortinet visits my company and told me about the new pricing system. antivirus, IPS, URL-flitering must be licensed indepentently. as far as I know, also the pricing for the fortimanager will be changed... maybe someone from fortinet can say anything about it... regards
Oberon
New Contributor

I mean, I don' t mind that they change their licensing system. I also woudn' t mind when prices increase around 10%-20% (that' s business). But in my calculation with a Fortigate-200A is it up to 300% more than for the same I have to pay now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is right, is this relation sick. Calculated with the same services: Now 1 year Forticare for a FG-200A, ~ € 488.-- after June05, 1 year Forticare for a FG-200A, ~ € 1645.-- I will buy now 1 year forticare subscrition with the old prices and then I will see... Many things can happen in one year! ;-) kr Oberon
Not applicable

trust me, you don' t realy want to know about the new price system. you' ll get sick about it!!! increase of the price for the same services as with the " old" forticare is something between 200 - 400% (sometimes less...sometimes more) if fortinet stays whith this price policy we will stop working with this product asap. i' m very very angry and very very disappointed
Not applicable

No I dont think so. You see fortigate will have to deal with SonicWall, netask and so on. I dont think its good idea to increase prising. Fortigate owns it success to the fair and simple prising. Just wait... I think all will be the same.
Not applicable

Since Anti-Spam was pay to use, it wasn' t much of a surpise to find out that Anti-Virus and Intrusion Detection and now pay to use. Or I should really say pay to get " any" updates. What is next pay to get firmware updates, but of course why not ? Well they surley can do what they want, it' s a free market place, but I certainly did not expect a 100% increase in price to get AV & IPS that was included prior to June 1st. My yearly cost to subscribe is more than the cost of unit. Very bad PR move guys. I for one will be looking at other products such as from Sonic Wall. I am told they are not as expensive as Fortinet. It' s too bad because I' d like to stay loyal to this company but the ransom they are demanding to get definition updates is going to far. I can see charging the big boys who purchase the high end units, they obviously have an IT budget, but for small companys who just need a FGT-50 or 60, where there is no IT budget, this is just crazy. This appliance was sold to me as a cost savings and overhead reduction and I could see that BUT, for a small company with say 10 or 15 computers on a network and perhaps a mail server, it' s cheaper to use their existing Anti-Virus & AntiSpam tools.
Not applicable

Yes it is true (and sad) Prices change in Europe from July 1st. Units now will become alot more expensive (30% up) Support now is different. There are options for AV, IDP, AS, WEB and maintenece in different options.
Not applicable

Expect increases in the US as well. Just renewed contracts for our equipment last week. We will be evaluating alternatives this summer.
Not applicable

Well it' s plain and simpel: if you want to buy a unit with AV & IDP prices are up between 45% to almost 80% compared to old prices.[:' (] if you want to renew your maintenance (and want to stay using AV & IDP) prices are x2.5 the old prices where maintenance inlcuding AV&IDP was about 20% of the appliance price, now it is almost 60% outrageous & shortsighted? probably. I know it will stop a lot of our customers to renew their subscription and it will not make it any easier to sell to prospects (Fortinet still doesn' t have the general acceptance like e.g. Netscreen or Cisco ~ who btw have released a nice new system with the ASA5000 ~ at good prices :) So my question to Fortinet: why not ' give away' the appliances (let' s say a price decrease of at least 50% ~ now the prices of the appliance was also increased by 10%) and concentrate on selling the FortiGuard services at reasonable prices, and also MARKET IT THAT WAY! Low prices for the boxes would allow easy penetration within a new customer base. Upselling the services would be the real challenge (and far more easier than today with these new prices). My 2 cents. PS: the above is not applicable to the FG60 where there is actually a price decrease
Not applicable

I agree....Am I the only one who was sorely disappointed to see the total costs of support., AV and NIDS double? No warning. Now I have to explain to all of my cutomers that want to renew that the cost of one year renewal has almost matched the cost of the firewall itself. That' s real real poor. I for one will be evaluating other products to see if I can find one that hasn' t pulled the bait and switch yet.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors