Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
snobs
New Contributor II

NAT performance

Hello, I need a NAT gateway. Unfortunately I cannot find any information about NAT performance of Fortigate. Well, I expect up to 2000 clients with up to 1 Gbit/s throughput being source nated against one public IP. So, what do I need? I guess, an e.g. FG-200B is way to overpowered for this?
2 REPLIES 2
ddskier
Contributor

I would look at the Fortigate model information. There is some information on throughput performance. It might lead you in the direction you are looking for.

-DDSkier FCNSA, FCNSP FortiGate 400D, (2) 200D, (12) 100D, (2) 60D

-DDSkier FCNSA, FCNSP FortiGate 400D, (2) 200D, (12) 100D, (2) 60D
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

What you should look for in the specs is the " firewall throughput" . Doing a source address translation does not take (noticeably) more power than firewalling alone. But do take the figures with a grain of salt, as always with marketing material. For instance, the 60C is rated with 1000/950 Mbps fw throughput, but I would never, ever put 2.000 users behind it. Funny enough that at the moment we are discussing the performance gap between a 110C and a 200B which is rumoured to be filled with an upcoming 100D. Depending on your time schedule it might pay to wait for it for, say, a couple of weeks.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors