Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thegreatwhay
New Contributor

Cooling fan seems to be running at HIGH RPM

Anyone who may have any advice. I am curious as to how to bump the cooling fan speed down. It is running at an exceptionally high rpm, and I fear failure before too long. Any suggestions on resets, other than power down and reboot. I have done both, to no avail. Thanks in advance. Jason
4 REPLIES 4
TopJimmy
New Contributor

what model(s) are you using?
-TJ
-TJ
thegreatwhay
New Contributor

Its a Fortigate 110C. I had some network issues a week or so ago...and I think may have admittedly made a mistake and just completely switched the power off on the back entirely and switched it back on.
billp
Contributor

FWIW, my 111C' s have always had very high fan rpm' s. I can' t stand to be in the same room with them when I have to do initial configs or reformat firmware partitions. Not saying you are experiencing the same thing, but the fans do seem to run very high in my experience.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1
TopJimmy
New Contributor

My 110' s and 111' s aren' t too bad compared to the 620B' s. Those are really loud but since they are in the the DataCenter I don' t really care so I haven' t looking into making them more quiet.
-TJ
-TJ
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors