Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zohaibm27
New Contributor

How to use HA in fortigate 110C

I am using two fortigate 110C Firewall any one can help to configure HA In my environment. Thanks & Regards, Zohaib Khan
5 REPLIES 5
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

RTFM? Connect a Port for heartbeat, configure a hostname on both boxes (makes it easier to identify) use cli and config:
 config system ha
     set group-id 0
     set group-name " fgt_ha_cluster" 
     set mode a-p
     set password HEARTBEATPASS
     set hbdev " internal1"  10 " internal5"  50 
     set session-pickup enable
     set override enable
     set priority 129
     set monitor " internal1"  
 end

(Hearbeat und internal5 and backup internal1) monitors internal1 on SLAVE configure
 config system ha
     set group-id 0
     set group-name " fgt_ha_cluster" 
     set mode a-p
     set password HEARTBEATPASS
     set hbdev " internal1"  10 " internal5"  50 
     set session-pickup enable
     set override enable
     set monitor " internal1"  
 end
You can do it through gui as well. If you have 2 different Fortigate Clusters in a VLAN always choose a different group-id for each cluster.
zohaibm27

kindly tell the above solution in GUI. Thanks & Regards Zohaib Khan
zohaibm27
New Contributor

Thanks but I can problem in understand can you guide me in GUI Mode and I want HA configuratin with load balancing. Thanks & Regards, Zohaib Khan
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Please have a look at the manual, especially the ' FortiOS Handbook' for your version of FortiOS. You find it at http://docs.fortinet.com . It gives explanations for the parameters, the concept and examples how to set HA up. You should know what you are doing before you configure HA. @Jan: LMAO! but oh so true...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
zohaibm27

Thanks. Best Regards, Zohaib Khan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors