Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michal1
New Contributor

How to get remote connection to 10.90.90.90 device on 10.0.0.0/24 network?

I need to remotely connect to D-LINK switch currently working on default 10.90.90.90 address (service guys have replaced broken one, but they have forgotten to do initial config). The problem is it's connected directly to one of the internal interface port on my FortiGate 60D where I'm running 10.0.0.0/24 subnet.

By using second address of the internal interface and FortiOS CLI on SSH session I was able to initiate telnet connection to the switch but unfortunately D-LINK refuses connection (no account on switch on defaults). The only option right now is to use web GUI of that switch which is available on 80 or 443 port. I've tried to do port forwarding but trafic flowed only to the switch but didn't in the opposite direction. What are your thoughts to accomplish this setup?

1 Solution
patrick_z
New Contributor III

Hi,

I suggest that you build a temp VPN tunnel and connect to it via Forticlient (SSL or IPSec) and give your client an IP in that range like 10.90.90.10 / 24

Make sure that the remote firewall will allow traffic in both directions. Not sure if this works like that but I would think in this direction.

Cheers, Patrick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_z
New Contributor III

Hi,

I suggest that you build a temp VPN tunnel and connect to it via Forticlient (SSL or IPSec) and give your client an IP in that range like 10.90.90.10 / 24

Make sure that the remote firewall will allow traffic in both directions. Not sure if this works like that but I would think in this direction.

Cheers, Patrick

michal1

I tried to setup SSL VPN tunnel before but I didn't change IP pool for ssl.root interface. SSL VPN without FortiClient it also working well. Your advice has saved me from little oppression :) Thank you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors