Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jrauch87
New Contributor

How to block Google search games?

Google came out with this great convenient feature that allows users to just play a game after a search.

i.e. : searching Google for "snake game" will bring up an easily playable game right there in the search results. See attached photo.

Is there a way for the Firewall Web Filtering to block this?

Another option I had was to through out an AdBlocker extension and specifically block that element on all the student computers but they could just open another browser and it would be way too much work.

7 REPLIES 7
jrauch87
New Contributor

It looks like I might be able to use the Web Content Filter. I wonder If I can tie that to specific webpages...

dmcquade
New Contributor III

Yes. In your webfilter profile, add a URL filter of type wildcard with action set to block for "www.google.com/search*game*"

Kater752
New Contributor

This is a difficult one because you can block and block and block, but the kids will always be one step ahead of you, and there are more of them than you. Block what you can while relying on teachers to tell you what else to block.

In my district, we use GoGuardian Teacher. Instead of submitting tickets to block websites, teachers can block websites in their classrooms.

yuriinfluenced
New Contributor

Thanks to all the commentators of this thread! I've been looking for a long time for a way to turn off the automatic transition to games after a Google request. This made it difficult to find the right pages and annoyed me. I have a fairly old computer. I don't want to waste time loading unnecessary games. When I want to play, I go to my favorite site with relaxing games and play there. I don't need stupid Google mini-games. I like to play online solitaire games on the site where I've saved all the previous sessions and created an account, you know. Your shutdown method worked. Thanks, dmcquade. I'm grateful that such people exist on this forum.

MckenzieSawyer
New Contributor

Google's search games feature can be a fun and convenient way to play games while searching. But I understand why you might want to block it on student computers. One way to stop it is web filtering with a firewall, you can secure a specific URL of the search games feature. In general, I like games, especially gambling, because they help me relax and take a break from the stresses of everyday life.

Lincolnmira
New Contributor

I think gambling is not the best option to relax the nerves. Besides this I recommend you to read from various sources such as https://papersowl.com/examples/gun-violence/ to know more about your safety and other related stuff, I use this source to do writing for the college but on the other hand there is a lot of information that is very helpful such as gun violence.

Rephrenothey
New Contributor

صديقي العزيز، يسعدني جدًا أن تتاح لي الفرصة لفتح كازينو سويسري جديد عبر الإنترنت لك. إذا قررت تجربتها، فلن تعود حياتك كما كانت أبدًا. وأخيرا يمكنك أن تؤمن بنفسك. لا يوجد شيء أفضل من تخصيص كل وقتك للعبة تجني المال. تأكد من الدخول، في الرابط لذلك انضم إلى الرابط وابدأ اللعب في أفضل كازينو على الإنترنت هنا، مجانًا تمامًا.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors