Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
billp
Contributor

Help understanding " ftgd-wf enable" configuration

I' ve drawn a blank on this one and hope someone can help clarify. What do the " enable" and " disable" commands do in the configuration snippet below? The CLI docs say the following for enable: " Enable FortiGuard Web Filtering categories for use in local ratings. Enter ' all' to enable all categories, classes, and groups or enable individual categories, classes, and groups." Any changes I make via the CLI, though, don' t seem to have any effect on the categories that are available in the GUI. I think I am missing something fundamental here.
config webfilter profile
  edit " mytestProfile" 
 config ftgd-wf
                 set options error-allow http-err-detail redir-block
                 set enable g01 g02 g04 g05 g06 g07 g21 151 144
                 set disable 148 149 146 141 142 140 143 150 147 145 152
                 set ovrd 3 4 59 14
Thanks.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

3 REPLIES 3
Maik
New Contributor II

enable and disable has only an effect on local/custom categories you' ve defined by yourself. imagine you have 3 different own defined blacklist for 3 different user groups. blacklist1 blacklist2 blacklist3 --> all are active in profile1. by default, all local webfilter categories are enabled: now in a profile you can disable some local categories: blacklist1 is only enabled in profile1 (2 and 3 can be disabled) blacklist2 is only active in profile2 blacklist3 is only active in profile3 this behaviour was broken in 4.3, but should fixed (and reflected by the GUI) in your 4.3.14. currently it' s only for local/custom categories
billp
Contributor

Thanks. That makes sense. . .I think. I' m not sure the feature was fixed the 4.3.14 GUI, though. None of the changes I make in the command line seem to affect what' s displayed in the GUI. Either way, it' s not a must-have feature -- I just wanted to understand it well enough to clean up my config. It seems I can pretty much just ignore the settings and let the GUI populate them as needed.

Maik
New Contributor II

Maybe the picture says more than words. This is an example for an Admin and a Marketing Webfilter. The Admin Categories are Disabled (Grey Bullet) to not influence the other settings (in Marketing)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors