Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

Understanding Encryption Methods for FortiGate Configuration Backups and Restores

In process of backing up a FortiGate configuration file, what algorithms and encryption methods are employed to ensure data security and integrity? please provide details on any default settings as well as options for customization.

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

You can find some information in the Hardening section of the guide. Not all the details are shared publicly.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @MVSantoshReddy ,

From my understanding the information you are looking for is not publicly available. I might be wrong.

May I ask you why you are looking for those details?

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
MVSantoshReddy

Hello Responder / FTNT

Thank you for your response. This request was raised by several FortiGate administrators who are seeking clarity on this particular information. Could you please provide some insight into why this information is not publicly available? Is there a specific reason related to confidentiality or security concerns?

Additionally, if possible, could you advise if there is a way to obtain this information through alternative channels, such as opening a ticket with TAC (Technical Assistance Centre)? Any guidance you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

MVSantoshReddy
New Contributor

Hello @fricci_FTNT  / team,

Any update on above mentioned?

fricci_FTNT

Hi @MVSantoshReddy ,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are unable to provide you further details on that because of confidentiality. Knowing that type of information through a TAC support ticket is beyond TAC purposes from my understanding.
Try to get in contact with your SE, he might help you on that.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors