Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sgClarence
New Contributor

Forward traffic from LAN port to WAN

Port 1: gw.xx.xx.81/29 (WAN)

Port 2: lan.xx.xx.99/24 (DHCP)

Policy IPv4: Port 2 to Port 1 (all to all, NAT enabled)

I've tested at Port 1 that internet is accessible using static IP.

When connected to Port 2 with a LAN IP via DHCP, internet is inaccessible.

What should I create to instruct Port 1 to allow internet access from Port 2, i.e. Port 1 is like a gateway to Port 2? Just upstream traffic would is fine. Thanks.

Yeehar
Yeehar
12 REPLIES 12
parteeksharma

Hi sgClarence,

As I checked the debug flow you shared, it seems traffic is not matching the policy that you created, instead traffic is hitting the default policy (Policy 0) and dropping the traffic.

id=20085 trace_id=1 func=__iprope_check_one_policy line=1833 msg="checked gnum-100004 policy-2, ret-no-match, act-accept"
id=20085 trace_id=1 func=__iprope_check_one_policy line=1833 msg="checked gnum-100004 policy-0, ret-matched, act-accept"
id=20085 trace_id=1 func=__iprope_check_one_policy line=2014 msg="policy-0 is matched, act-drop" <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Policy-0 is matched and traffic dropped
id=20085 trace_id=1 func=iprope_fwd_auth_check line=682 msg="after iprope_captive_check(): is_captive-0, ret-matched, act-drop, idx-0"
id=20085 trace_id=1 func=fw_forward_handler line=567 msg="Denied by forward policy check (policy 0)"

Could you please try to create policy again for the user and place the policy on top of the current policy and check.

Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @sgClarence ,

This is my understanding:

Port 5: isp.xx.169.229

Port 6: wan.xx.38.81

port 7: lan.168.8.99
Static Routes: 0.0.0.0/0 -> isp.xx.169.229 (port 5)

Based on this information, all your traffic will go to port5 to go out internet.
So, here is the policy:
Source interface: Port7

Destination interface: Port5

Nat : Enabled

If you need to use port6 and port7 as your internet, consider to use SDWAN features.

haiqal
sgClarence

Thanks Haiqal, I wanted a simple setup, SD-WAN looks like an overkill.

Yeehar
Yeehar
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors