Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Russenator
New Contributor

Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Ethernet Adapter - Disabling

Ohio .o/

We have a fleet of ~100 users whom access our services over an SSL VPN. All runs smoothly 98% of the time ( ...  ).

Occasionally, we have users unable to connect. Always at the most opportune times (i.e. when they're on the other side of the country). More often than not, the reason a user cannot connect is due to their neglect - ensuring certificates and access is up-to-date/approved/etc ... Alas, there has been quite a few re-occurrences of the "Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Ethernet Adapter", under 'Device Managers -> Network Adapaters', disabling itself.

Users get to 98% and it drops. To fix, it's a simple re-enable the adapter and everything works once again. But I'm unsure why it's happening in the first place. The savviness of majority of our users - proves that even 5 clicks to fix is difficult    

I've attempted to attach a screenshot of the disabled adapter in Device Manger - hopefully it comes through.

We're running FortiClient 6.0.9 (64bit version).

I have spent some time googling up the predicament, but only finding old information (WAN Mini Port related), which I believe is still relevant/related, just not accurate/valid anymore.

Could anyone provide some pointers?   Better yet, advice how to stop it disabling the adapter 

Thanks in advance,

Russ

3 REPLIES 3
JJS85
New Contributor

I got exactly the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

jtejero
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. Is there a resolution?

JLoduca
New Contributor

Well,

i´m facing exactly the same.... and close to lose my faith in this.

Any good ideas ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors