Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Russenator
New Contributor

Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Ethernet Adapter - Disabling

Ohio .o/

We have a fleet of ~100 users whom access our services over an SSL VPN. All runs smoothly 98% of the time ( ...  ).

Occasionally, we have users unable to connect. Always at the most opportune times (i.e. when they're on the other side of the country). More often than not, the reason a user cannot connect is due to their neglect - ensuring certificates and access is up-to-date/approved/etc ... Alas, there has been quite a few re-occurrences of the "Fortinet SSL VPN Virtual Ethernet Adapter", under 'Device Managers -> Network Adapaters', disabling itself.

Users get to 98% and it drops. To fix, it's a simple re-enable the adapter and everything works once again. But I'm unsure why it's happening in the first place. The savviness of majority of our users - proves that even 5 clicks to fix is difficult    

I've attempted to attach a screenshot of the disabled adapter in Device Manger - hopefully it comes through.

We're running FortiClient 6.0.9 (64bit version).

I have spent some time googling up the predicament, but only finding old information (WAN Mini Port related), which I believe is still relevant/related, just not accurate/valid anymore.

Could anyone provide some pointers?   Better yet, advice how to stop it disabling the adapter 

Thanks in advance,

Russ

6 REPLIES 6
JJS85
New Contributor

I got exactly the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

jtejero
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. Is there a resolution?

JLoduca
New Contributor

Well,

i´m facing exactly the same.... and close to lose my faith in this.

Any good ideas ?

Chua_Augustine
New Contributor II

I have a slightly different issue. I can successfully connect to the VPN, and the FortiClient Console retrieves the IP address from the Firewall DHCP. However, when I check the FortiClient SSL VPN Ethernet Adapter configuration via CMD, the adapter shows a different set of local IP addresses instead of "replicating" the IP that the console grabbed. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

amrit
Staff
Staff

1.Could you please post the screenshot from the FCT GUI with the IP address(FCT-Remote Access) and also upload the output of the ipconfig /all command 

2 Post the vpn config from the fortigate 

config vpn ssl settings

show 

end

config vpn ssl web portal 

show

end

please also mention the web portal used by your user

Amritpal Singh
Chua_Augustine

Thanks for the reply. I have found the answer from another community. 

Uninstalled Microsoft update (KB2693643) and the problem was resolved after restarting the laptop. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors