Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lindblom
New Contributor

Fortimanager VPN console, interface IPs

Hello! How do you go about routing in a full mesh created by the VPN console using a fortimanager? Let' s say that I want to use BGP. The vpn console seems to only create interfaces without IP addresses. Is any of this documented? Searching on google does not help very much at all with fortimanager...
2 REPLIES 2
lindblom
New Contributor

Oh well. Too bad. That' s a total showstopper... (Just realised I posted this yesterday, sorry for the quick bump)
DMalt
New Contributor

There is a way but it needs to be done in the command line, not the GUI (and apparently not on the xxD versions of the FortiGates (having that problem now). What you need to do is: config system interface edit interface name set ip ip address/subnet (use a /32) set remote-ip ip address end Do the same thing on both sides of your VPN. Those addresses are your neighbors. for example: Side A: config system interface edit side_a set ip 10.40.10.1/32 set remote-ip 10.40.10.2 end Side B: config system interface edit side_b set ip 10.40.10.2/32 set remote-ip 10.40.10.1 end Now you can go into your BGP setup and make your neighbors the other side' s IP address. It appears that this solution can not be done on, at least, the 60D FortiGates because as soon as I hit end on the 60D config, the system goes into a continuous process of rebooting, until I unplug the internet port. If anyone has come across a solution to this, please let me know. I need to roll out some equipment and would rather have seven ports than five.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors