Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tress
New Contributor

Import Firewall Policies from CLI or PowerShell

I have a few thousand AWS Firewall rules in a spreadsheet that I need to import into FortiGate-VM. As FortiManager doesn't support AWS Network Firewall conversion, am I really looking at adding these policies manually? I think I already know the answer but I'm hoping someone can advise how this might be done using CSV via the CLI or the FortiGate PowerShell module. Even spending a lot of time compiling the input file, it's got to be better than importing them individually.

For what it's worth, the policies will have the same characteristics (all Allow ingress rules on the same interface). Just a shed load of source,destination, port and protocols to import.

https://omegle.onl/ vshare
1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

There are some python scripts that can convert csv to FG config file format and vice versa. Try find some on your search engine then select the one that suits you.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors