Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BaPhuong
New Contributor

Fortigate60D, following file is found.

/bin/smhealth

/bin/guacd

i have found 2 files as above i wondering what is that file,

is it from fortigate it self or create by someone,

- if it from the fortigate what was it do and is it necessary for the fortigate?

- is it always on by default or we need to turn on by manually,

- can it be turn off

please kindly help me

best thank you,

2 Solutions
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Both files are created by FortiGates. You will not be able to delete them.

Guacd is used by web mode SSLVPN, if you not have SSLVPN on, process is not used.

Adrian

View solution in original post

akileshc

In the FortiGate 60D series, the "diag hardware deviceinfo flash" command can be used to retrieve information about the USB flash device, and that the binary tool "/bin/smhealth" provided by the USB controller vendor is called to obtain this information.

The "diag hardware deviceinfo flash" command is used to display information about the flash devices installed in the FortiGate appliance, including the type of flash device, the manufacturer, the capacity, and other related information. The "/bin/smhealth" file is a tool provided by the USB controller vendor that is used to retrieve specific information about the USB flash device, such as the number of program/erase cycles, the wear level, and other related information.

Akilesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

Kindly explain the issue in detail as we could not able to understand from the case description.
i have found 2 files as above i wondering what is that file,

---may i know where you found this file?

akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Both files are created by FortiGates. You will not be able to delete them.

Guacd is used by web mode SSLVPN, if you not have SSLVPN on, process is not used.

Adrian
BaPhuong

Thank you for your reply

yes, i see 

and what about SMHealth, what does it used for

could you help me.

akileshc

In the FortiGate 60D series, the "diag hardware deviceinfo flash" command can be used to retrieve information about the USB flash device, and that the binary tool "/bin/smhealth" provided by the USB controller vendor is called to obtain this information.

The "diag hardware deviceinfo flash" command is used to display information about the flash devices installed in the FortiGate appliance, including the type of flash device, the manufacturer, the capacity, and other related information. The "/bin/smhealth" file is a tool provided by the USB controller vendor that is used to retrieve specific information about the USB flash device, such as the number of program/erase cycles, the wear level, and other related information.

Akilesh
BaPhuong

Thank you for our reply,

and can you help me  about the command /bin/guacd, like how it used for?

thank you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors