Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
svm
New Contributor

Fortigate 60C

hi all, its my first time configuring the fortinet 60C. i would like to ask questions.. if i click the shutdown button in the gui of fortigate 60C..how will i turn it on again? will it automatically turn on once i pull the plug and plug it again to the outlet? secondly, how do we apply license for the fotigate 60C? what do you basically mean by " Product Warranty Type: Bundle. " ? what is forticloud? what is virtual domain (VDOM)? thanks
8 REPLIES 8
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi, and welcome to the forums. I will try to answer some of your questions: 1. shutdown When you click the ' shutdown' button all processes on the FGT will be stopped/killed so that you can power it down afterwards. That is, ' shutdown' will not power down the FGT. You can only power down or power up by connecting/disconnecting the power cord, there is no switch. Yes, after connecting the power the FGT will boot and be ready after 1-2 minutes. The configuration will be saved as soon as you press ' OK' in the dialog. You can additionally export the config as a plain text file, to keep it safe or to be able to compare configurations. 2. license and ' bundle' type You seem to have bought a hardware bundle. In addition to the hardware (FGT) you have bought (at least) one year of manufacturer' s warranty (so called FortiCare) with hardware replacement and the right to get the newest firmware patches and releases (even if major). A ' bundle' contains one year of AV, IPS, Antispam and WF signature updates on top. You have to register the device with it' s serial number on http://support.fortinet.com . You create a user account for this. When you enter the serial number, the period of warranty and signature updates is displayed. That' s all you have to do now. 3. FortiCloud FC is an offer to owners of the small FGTs. It allows you to send log data and statistics to a web based storage with Fortinet, and to generate reports on those data. You have the same features on the hardware itself (Log&Report) but the reporting part is very limited, to some pie charts. The bigger FGTs use a dedicated device (FortiAnalyzer) to collect and digest log data, to be purchased separately. 4. VDOM All FGTs come with the VDOM feature. If you activate it, you can create up to 10 virtual Fortigates on one hardware model. You switch into a VDOM and create everything like it was on a new hardware - users, admins, policies, routing vs. transparent mode etc. You can connect physical ports with virtual ports, or even two VDOMs via virtual ports. Useful for multi-tenant hardware but rather seldomly used on models below, say, the 80C. Hope this helps. Have fun!

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
svm
New Contributor

thanks sir, i watch in you tube ragrding how to block social networking sites for fortigate..however what i see are the 100D model.. 60C is different from 100D.. how do we block sites for fortigate 60C? thanks
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Although the platforms are different, the firmware look and feel is basically the same for all units. What you saw on the 100D will work similarly on the 60C. Emphasized SIMILARLY.... Geez guys!

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
svm
New Contributor

the 100D has security profiles menu button 60C doesnt have..
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

What rwpatterson meant is that you have the exact same GUI and options if you use the SAME firmware version (= version + MR maintenance release + patchlevel). Except maybe for port names. So, please compare the firmware version in the video and yours.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

the 100D has security profiles menu button 60C doesnt have..
You need to enable " multiple security profiles" Before you have the profile menu button. System -> Config -> Features

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
svm

i tried this: System -> Config -> Features but i didnt see the " Features sub menu" i only see -HA -SNMP -Replacement Message -Fortiguard -Advanced ps: how do we edit the password of fortigate? (the password when we acsess fortigate thru web ) thanks
svm
New Contributor

thanks :) how would i make the Fortigate to static NAT mode? (addressing mode manual) is it the same process like the DHCP mode? and what IP/Network Mask will i put on the manual addressing mode? is it the IP of the modem? which is the default gateway of the fortigate? thanks
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors