Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ramsho
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D Routing / Nat / Subnet question

Hey guys, 

Question about the fortigate 100D cluster we have.

Outside ip is part of a subnet (18X.xxx.xxx.100 / 255.255.255.128)

We are in the process of starting a new hosting platform, that will get multiple outside ip's from that range.

Above the fortigate there are 2 cisco switches, on wich the range is configured in a vlan.

Is it possible to let the new hosting platform traffic to go through the Fortigate, and be protected by IPS and other features?

Í'm not seeing it at the moment so maybe one of you can point me in the right direction.

NAT is also in place, and needs to stay in place for some other functions, so transparent mode is not an option.

Any help is much appreciated

1 Solution
Dustin
New Contributor III

Are you setting up the Fortigate into VDOMs?

I'm not sure what the limit is on VDOM with the 100D. A VDOM basically virtualizes the FortiOS into additional instances on the device. Thus you may have one physical 100D but separating it into VDOMs you have multiple.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dustin
New Contributor III

Are you setting up the Fortigate into VDOMs?

I'm not sure what the limit is on VDOM with the 100D. A VDOM basically virtualizes the FortiOS into additional instances on the device. Thus you may have one physical 100D but separating it into VDOMs you have multiple.

Ramsho
New Contributor

Yes, the cluster is setup using VDOMs

I have already had contact with our supplier, and creating a extra vdom in transparant mode is the way to go

Thanks for the tip

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors