Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kapil86
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN v. 7.07.0345

I have recently installed th Forticlient v. 7.07, and every time when i try open the app i am getting an error as "A Javascript error occured in the main process".  But if i open the App as Admin then Forticlient VPN is opening without any issue. 

Has anybody faced the same issue? if yes, what was the solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Kapil86,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hi Kapil,

It's not clear, what causing this issue but as  general pratice, did you try to uninstall, reboot and install again ?

How is the situation when you install an older version of Forticlient ?

Might be some other security products installed on your machine interferring e.g. Antivirus or IPS. Just check the logs of these products "if installed".

While doing some research, I found this Technical Tip, which might also helps in this case

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-fix-the-A-JavaScript-Error-Occurred...

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
enots
New Contributor

I ran in to this the other day and found that if I installed the latest C++ Redistributable's that fixed the issue.  

- Nathan
- Nathan
IT_Ahan2
New Contributor III

this problem is related to your system's user profile ..

Recreate the user profile and try again 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors