Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kapil86
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN v. 7.07.0345

I have recently installed th Forticlient v. 7.07, and every time when i try open the app i am getting an error as "A Javascript error occured in the main process".  But if i open the App as Admin then Forticlient VPN is opening without any issue. 

Has anybody faced the same issue? if yes, what was the solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Kapil86,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hi Kapil,

It's not clear, what causing this issue but as  general pratice, did you try to uninstall, reboot and install again ?

How is the situation when you install an older version of Forticlient ?

Might be some other security products installed on your machine interferring e.g. Antivirus or IPS. Just check the logs of these products "if installed".

While doing some research, I found this Technical Tip, which might also helps in this case

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-fix-the-A-JavaScript-Error-Occurred...

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
enots
New Contributor

I ran in to this the other day and found that if I installed the latest C++ Redistributable's that fixed the issue.  

- Nathan
- Nathan
IT_Ahan2
New Contributor III

this problem is related to your system's user profile ..

Recreate the user profile and try again 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors