Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lanesmang
New Contributor

FortiGuard License Question

I bought a 60D on eBay. I got it licensed through Fortinet in my company name. I got a 3 year Forticare contract last month. All is well. (Fortinet phone support is excellent, BTW.)

Now I would like to get the FortiGuard. But I feel like the company (an online reseller) that I am going to buy it through is giving me the runaround and not being completely forthright about the pricing. They claim that they have to call Fortinet and jump through some hoops to prorate or make the contract periods match up with the now one month old FortiCare contract.

I would like to do this through some other reseller at this point. Can anyone tell me what's what and recommend a reseller in the Southeast U.S.? We are a 2 man shop and it seems like some of the companies that I've called don't want to be bothered.

omegle xender
2 REPLIES 2
Mohamed_Gaber
Contributor

On the page of Fortinet.com, there are two paths. There are Contact sales and get a quote.

Mohamed_Gaber_1-1671607485353.jpeg

Mohamed Gaber
Cell : +201001615878
E-mail : mohamed.gaber@alkancit.com
Mohamed GaberCell : +201001615878E-mail : mohamed.gaber@alkancit.com
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

You will indeed need a so-called "co-term" contract for FortiGuard/UTM services since FortiCare and FortiGuard have to align in contract period.

But, that is no big deal. Co-terms are like 2% more expensive than off-the-shelf contracts but they have the distinct advantage that they are day-based. You could have them tailored for 365 days (=off-the-shelf), or 364 or 288 days...that's what they are for.

OTOH, if your current FTNT partner is not able to cope with such an everyday task, choose a different one. Wouldn't googling "Fortinet <mycityhere>" supply some offerings?

Me: FTNT partner since 2003, alas in Germany.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors