Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cevr
New Contributor

Format Fortianalyzer

Hi.

A few days ago I try a consumption report bandwidth but my device showed me a error telling me not find a specific column in the database.

Looking at the forum found that I could be a problem of the database where the update firmware, did not properly update the structure of the database. So attempt a reconstruction of the database, but it turns out after executing the procedure, the equipment does not work properly.

I guess do something wrong during the procedure execution. Now I require is completely format the disk and load the firmware and make a new database. The data that the device currently do not mind losing them as they are replicated on another server.

I searched for information on this procedure but can not find any serious procedure. Could anyone help?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi there, please change "Operation Mode" to Analyzer and try to rebuild DB again:

exe sql-local rebuild-db

Regards,

hz

cevr

Hi. thanks for your time. I try what you indicated, but after the device is reset, two hours ago, still shows me the same state.

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Now I require is completely format the disk and load the firmware and make a new database.

using below steps

1. upgrade to latest release like FAZ 5.2.4 0738

2. on FAZ GUI - System Settings - Dashboard - System Information widget, backup "System Configuration"

3. exec reset all-settings

4. exec format disk

5. re-config IP

6. you can restore config from 2, or you can just re-add device into Device Manager and re-config other config like report etc on FAZ

but normally, FAZ just need to rebuild SQL db "exe sql-local rebuild-db" and if this still not working, and your 1st pic is in collector mode, can you provide more details for "try a consumption report bandwidth but my device showed me a error telling me not find a specific column in the database.", so how you generate a report and what error you see from where?

also, is it for a predefined report or a user created report? what FGT version send logs to FAZ?

Thanks

Simon

cevr
New Contributor

Brilliant! I could fix the problem by following the procedure of Simon. I could put to work the FortiAnalyzer Thanks to everyone!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors