Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OE_Felix
New Contributor

Firewall address not resolving in policy

Hi Guys,

I have a little problem with one of my IPv4 Policy's.

I've added a new FQDN address like "Computer.mydomain.local". After a few seconds, I can see the resolved IP address in the "Addresses" view.

I added my new FQDN address to a new policy and waited a few minutes. In the IPv4 Policy view, it shows me the error message: "This policy has the following issues: -It is using unresolved FQDN(s)." But the addresses view still shows the resolved IP address.

Do you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find any similar topics about this. I'm on Firmware 5.4.4

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

1 Solution
reczi
New Contributor

Hi Felix, I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses. Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tooleyj
New Contributor

I am having this same issue with docs.google.com.  Every diagnostic command I have found to check dns resolution shows that it is properly resolving, but the policy gives a "using unresolved FQDNs" error.

reczi
New Contributor

Hi Felix, I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses. Steve
josh
New Contributor

reczi wrote:
I had a similar error. There was an address that could be resolved after I added the local address "Computer.mydomain.local" to Category in Security profiles->Web Rating Overrides, but it does not work for all addresses.

I also had a similar error. It appears addting a web-rating override fixes it. Very strange behaviour.

OE_Felix
New Contributor

I recently upgraded to 5.4.5. Since that, I have no more problems with the FQDN's in the policys.

Can you guys confirm this?

Edit: just to clearify: It still show's the error message in the policy view. But if you try to use the policy for example

PC1 ping PC2. It will work just fine.

skim
New Contributor

I had on a FortiGate 200D v5.4.6,build1165 (GA) the same error, the policy was working and after aprox. 15 minutes the error was gone.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors