Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yngve0
New Contributor II

FG200B - Configurastion not saved?

I did a reboot on my FG-200B from GUI. First reboot failed, so I had to go on site and did make a power out - power in. After that I got a config-rollback where all changed done on the unit the last 3 month where not saved. Any hint? Is not configuration from UI save automatically on all Fortigate-products? Y
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

There are 2 possible reasons for this (IMO): 1. config restored from a USB stick, without manually saving the changed config to the stick before reboot. You have to enable USB stick config restore in System > Maintenance. 2. the config save mode is not set to ' automatic' . See ' config sys global' for the setting of ' cfg-save' : ' set cfg-save automatic' : changes are saved to flash after entering a ' next' or ' end' command ' set cfg-save manual' : changes saved to flash only by ' exec cfg save' ' set cfg-save revert' : you need to manually save the config after changes (via ' exec cfg save' ). If there is no activity for ' cfg-revert-timeout' seconds the last saved config is automatically restored (& reboot). This has been available since v4.00. And of course, if you make changes and power cycle the FGT before committing them (' next' /' end' ).
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Yngve0
New Contributor II

Thanks for answer. I had some similar issue today. I had again this morning to do a reboot of my Fortigate FG200C. Before the reboot; i a full backup of the config, checked the cfg-save setting and did a " exec cfg save" to be 100% sure. After reboot from CLI (Exec reboot), it failed to come up. OnSite I detected that only one of the connected port had link. I did and PowerOutBoot, and this time the unit came up but with an old config. I then had to restore the configuration from the backup made before reboot. The unit rebooted perfect with correct configuration.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors