Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
darryl_marquez
New Contributor

Disable super admin account

Hi

Is there a chance to temporarily disable one (1) super admin account? I have created a super admin account for our vendor access and I wanted to disable it once in a while after the support. Thank you.

2 Solutions
ede_pfau

or, in the 'conf sys admin' section, define a bogus 'TrustedHosts' network. Which is visible in the GUI...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ede_pfau

bogus = non-existant, with certainty. Like 10.11.12.0/30 if you don't use 10.x networks inhouse.

I would choose a private address range (192.168.x, 172.16.y, 10.z.t) as these are not routed via Internet and can only occur on your LAN.

Ede

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Try "set schedule none" in the account config. Since the setting doesn't show up in GUI, you need to remember what you did then "unset schedule" or "set schedule always" to re-enable it.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You could do  this

config firewall schedule recurring     edit "none"         set day none     next end

config sys admin

edit adminname

set schedule none

end

Alternatively you could enable  two-factor with a bogus email_address and that would technically keep them out also.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

or, in the 'conf sys admin' section, define a bogus 'TrustedHosts' network. Which is visible in the GUI...

Ede

darryl_marquez

Hi Sir,

What do you mean by "define a bogus 'TrustedHosts' network"

currently all admin have a trusted host value of 0.0.0.0/0

ede_pfau

bogus = non-existant, with certainty. Like 10.11.12.0/30 if you don't use 10.x networks inhouse.

I would choose a private address range (192.168.x, 172.16.y, 10.z.t) as these are not routed via Internet and can only occur on your LAN.

Ede

darryl_marquez

Thank you very much, If our vendor will need to login using their account I will just edit the trusted host again to o.o.o.o/o?

ede_pfau

Yes, exactly.

Use zeroes ("0"), not 'oh's ("o")  :)

'0.0.0.0/0' is a Fortinet-specific wildcard for a subnet, meaning 'any'. Just like '*' in other contexts.

Ede

Chris

Another solution is to create a profile with no Access. If you want to disable the account you only switch the user to this profile. He can login but do nothing. I have tested it now with a 60D and it works as expected. I think this is much easier. Regards Chris

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors