Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MWJohnson
New Contributor

Device Inventory - many devices missing address

Greetings,

I am running that latest version 5.4.1 on a Fortigate 100D.  Many of my active devices shown in the "Device Inventory" are missing IP addresses (shown blank) although I can assure you that the devices themselves have IP addresses and are accessing the internet.  They do show MAC addresses.

Anyone else seen this?  If there a way to fix?  

17 REPLIES 17
MWJohnson
New Contributor

bump

tou_di
New Contributor II

I have the same. FortiOS v5.4.1, Build 1064 on FG 100D. I add alias and IP cuts.

How to fix it?

gsarica

Similar problem here. IP addresses seem to be ok but if I add an alias to a machine in the device inventory, the OS disappears (it wasn't very accurate anyway, some Win10 PC's are showing as WinXP). Also another strange issue is that sometimes the hostname disappears and is replaced by the MAC address.

sanderl
New Contributor III

Same in 5.4.2. I just upgraded from 5.2.8 (and earlier). And immediately I noticed it. I use(d) it a lot, but this way it is kind of useless... (device inventory). Hope it is something known and will be resolved in next release...

SCSIraidGURU

Did you follow the upgrade path to the version you are on?  I have seen this break my 800C. 

sanderl
New Contributor III

Off course. And some IP Addresses are filled correctly (about 10 percent).
SCSIraidGURU

How many of the devices have their own IP addresses?   How many did you setup in DHCP reservation on the Fortinet?

sanderl
New Contributor III

All have ip addresses. Fortigate is not the DHCP server.
SCSIraidGURU

in my data center with my 800C, DHCP is done on servers.   Devices don't show up on the 800C with IPs.  At home on my 60E, 60E is DHCP and I use reservations, every device has IP information.  I have to manual create address for each object to use them on the 800C.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors