Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
patrickwilson82
New Contributor

Clone SSID

Does anyone know why the option to Clone an SSID for my FortiAP would be greyed out inside the Fortigate interface?

3 REPLIES 3
Jannik
New Contributor

I have the same issue and I'm wondering why. Did you find out the reason for that?

Christian_89
Contributor III

Hello Patrickwilson82

The option to clone an SSID in the FortiGate interface for a FortiAP could be greyed out for several reasons. Here are a few things you might want to check or consider:

1. **User Permissions:**
Ensure that the logged-in user has the necessary permissions to modify the FortiAP settings. Some user roles may have read-only access, which would prevent them from cloning SSIDs.

2. **Firmware Version:**
Check the firmware version of both the FortiGate and the FortiAP. It's possible that the feature may be unavailable or restricted in certain firmware versions. If possible, consider upgrading to the latest firmware version.

3. **Configuration State:**
Some options are only available when the device is in a certain state. Ensure that the FortiAP is not in a state that restricts configuration changes, such as being offline or in the process of updating.

4. **License and Feature Set:**
Verify that your FortiGate and FortiAP licenses are active and support the feature set required for cloning SSIDs. Some features may be restricted to certain license levels or require additional licenses.

5. **Browser Issues:**
Sometimes, browser compatibility issues can cause certain options in web interfaces to be greyed out or unresponsive. Try accessing the FortiGate interface using a different web browser, or clear your browser cache and cookies to see if that resolves the issue.

6. **Support and Documentation:**
Consult the Fortinet support documentation or reach out to Fortinet Support for clarification on why the option might be greyed out. They may be able to provide specific guidance based on the FortiGate and FortiAP models and firmware versions you are using.

7. **Custom or Advanced Configuration:**
If the FortiAP is part of a more complex network setup or has custom configurations, some options might be disabled to prevent conflicts or misconfigurations. Review the current configurations to ensure they are not restricting the ability to clone SSIDs.

By examining these aspects, you may be able to identify and resolve the issue causing the clone SSID option to be greyed out.

pmeet
Staff
Staff

Hello all,

To me this is honestly seems to be a feature that should be discontinued in future , also to clone just an SSID  I don't think any support is even needed, I'm trying to still test this in my lab but its behaving the same even after many upgrades, I would say this feature should be removed to be honest because when there is a existing SSID which is in tunnel mode and if you try cloning the same SSID then it can cause overlaps to the subnets of the existing SSID.

PATELMM
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors