Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
llb
New Contributor

Cannot load ips via execute restore ips tftp

Did an " execute restore ips tftp ipsupd.pkg 10.10.10.5" from FortiGate 5001 to tftp server. Ethereal trace shows the request from FG and the first packet response from the tftp server with the correct content. The first packet response is resent several times before the FG gives up with a connection timeout message. I don' t have any policies set, so I don' t think I' m blocking the reply traffic. Is there some sort of global switch enable/disable I' m missing? Any ideas? Many thanks ... llb I' m running V3MR4 in transparent mode. Fortigate-5001 # execute restore ips tftp ipsupd.pkg 10.10.10.5 This operation will overwrite the current IPS database! Do you want to continue? (y/n)y Please wait... Connect to tftp server 10.10.10.5 ... Transfer timed out. Can not get IPS database file from tftp server. Command fail. Return code -39
1 REPLY 1
llb
New Contributor

Fixed by doing: config system session-helper edit 1 set name tftp set port 69 set protocol 17 end The 14 services generally there in the default configuration were missing. Can' t explain the Ethereal trace, but all' s well that ends well ... llb
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors