Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Alias and Groups Webmail Quarantine Issues

Hi All, I' m looking for some insight here as I' ve had my ticket opened with Fortinet Support for nearly 4 weeks and still haven' t found a resolution. The problem is that we have a lot of aliases and distribution groups in our Exchange environment. After moving to the Fortimail 400B, our users can only see the quarantined messages in their primary accounts when logging into their webmail. Messages that were caught in their alias accounts are not visible to them after logging in. When we configure " User Alias Options" in our LDAP profile we select Active Directory as our schema, add our base and bind dn' s, provide the bind password, and accept the remaining defaults. Page 333 of the Fortimail Admin Guide v4.0 Patch 1 states the following. " For some schemas, such as Microsoft ActiveDirectory-style schemas, this query will retrieve both the user’s primary email address and the user’s alias email addresses. If your schema style is different, you may want to also configure User Alias Options to resolve aliases." Page 336 " If you want to define a user alias query, enable User Alias Options, click the arrow to expand its options, and configure the query. Resolving aliases to real email addresses enables the FortiMail unit to send a single quarantine report and maintain a single quarantine mailbox at each user’s primary email account, rather than sending separate quarantine reports and maintaining separate quarantine mailboxes for each alias email address. For FortiMail units operating in server mode, this means that users need only log in to their primary account in order to manage their spam quarantine, rather than logging in to each alias account individually." Now my Fortimail is running in Gateway mode so does the above statement not apply? If it only works in Server mode, how do I get the Fortimail unit to display the quarantined message for my aliases in groups via webmail? Sorry for the long write up. Mike
20 REPLIES 20
lmuir
New Contributor

I' m glad someone is making progress, check out TAC' s response to my support ticket -
Thank You for contacting Fortinet TAC. Unfortunately, on the FortiMail, there are no way to link those 2 quarantine e-mail accounts together. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Fortinet TAC
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors