Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aufjedenfall
New Contributor

Adding FortiGate to FortiManager in EVE-NG

Hello,

Lately i have been trying to add my virtual FGT into fortimanager in EVE-NG platform. However it doesnt work, here is the error that i got on Fortigate web interface. i checked in Fortimanager CA certificates, serial number is 00 which different from original serial nubmer of FM but i can not modify it. Anybody has a solution ?

error.png

Also when i try to add device on FortiManager web interface it also doesnt work, somehow FortiManager can not reach device and it shows me "Probe Failed" error. 
Device interfaces are pingable in same network...(FMG acces enabled on FGT) Both appliances running with evaluation license and it is totally okay. 

3 REPLIES 3
dbhavsar
Staff
Staff

Good day @aufjedenfall ,

- Can you please validate the Serial Number of FortiManager, it should be the same as you are getting in a prompt while adding FortiManager to FortiGate

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/568715/validating-fortimanager-s-cer... 

DNB
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @aufjedenfall ,

If your FMG CLI able to enable the configuration below please enabled it.
#config system global

#set fgfm-peercert-withoutsn enable

While adding the device from FMG, in your FGT CLI, please run the command below:

#exec central-mgmt register-device <FMG S/N> <password>

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @aufjedenfall 

You can also check this article 

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors