Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SCSIraidGURU
Contributor

Fortimail 200D has 2048 entry limit on their white lists that is static.

Don't just read respond what you think? Fortimail 200D has 2048 entry limit on their white lists that is static.    The 2048 limit for addresses is static.  Only a manual delete on e-mails can free up entries.  I put in a feature request to have the list made dynamic.   I came up with many solutions for Fortinet.   However, my account manager does not think it is worth doing.  Problem:   Our sales staff white lists are filled.  Any new e-mails my sales staff send out can't be automatically whitelisted.  This forces every return e-mail to be scanned by Fortimail 200D.   Most of them end up in the quarantine.  With greylisting turned on, this delays the e-mails by 15-30 minutes.  Also, my sales staff has to check both Exchange and their Quarantine constantly.   My solutions are 1.) Make the list dynamic with either a TTL (Time to live) on each address 2.) Put in non-ISP based e-mails address as domain only,  this does not include Comcast.com, gmail, yahoo, or other bulk free e-mail servers.  It would do private corporations as domain only.   3.) When the list gets to 80% purge the 20% of the old entries 4.) Since the list is stored in order of last to first and fills from the bottom, delete the top entries and resort.  2048 entries of 30-50 characters can't be that large.  Even if it was 50 bytes each x 2048 entries = 102,400 bytes.  It should not take 200D that long to accomplish.  

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors