Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

where to download FortiGate hard disk formatting image file?

My fortinet200' s log hard disk is not available now. Maybe I should reformat the log hard disk.but I can not find the formatting image. Who can help me? thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Nebula, To format the hard disk Connect the terminal to the FortiGate unit using the null modem cable. Connect the PC running the TFTP server to the FortiGate unit. On models 800 and below connect to the Internal interface, except model 500A on which you connect to the LAN interface. On models 1000 and higher, connect to port 1. Turn the power off and then on at the FortiGate unit. When the console displays Press any key to display configuration menu... press the space bar or any other key. Press G to start firmware download. The console displays Enter TFTP server address [192.168.1.168]: Type the IP address of the computer running the TFTP server and press Enter. The console displays Enter Local Address [192.168.1.188]: Type an unused IP address that is on the same subnet as the TFTP server and press Enter. The console displays Enter File Name [image.out]: Type the hard disk formatting image filename and press Enter. The console periodically displays a " #" to show download progress. When the download is complete, it displays a message similar to: Save as Default firmware/Run image without saving:[D/R] Press R. The console should display messages like this: Reading boot image 971204 bytes. Initializing firewall... Enhance log disk... Enhance log disk successful! mount /dev/hdb1 on /var/log successful ! If you accidentally selected D, downloading the log disk image deletes the OS image. Repeat steps 3 through 9 to download a new OS image. Otherwise go to step 11. Reboot the FortiGate unit.
Not applicable

image.out
hello,ghostshell, i know how to formart the log hard disk,but I haven' t the image.out file. can you tell me where I can find the file.
Not applicable

If you log into the support from fortinet, you can go to download firmware' s if you have a valid contract with fortinet .
Not applicable

http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?SID=&Lang=1&id=340 I can log into support from fortinet. and I can download the firmware . but I think a formatting image file is different from the fireware. where can I get the formatting image file?
Not applicable

You will find your disk image here http://213.30.189.66:10888/fortinet/iht/index.php
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors