Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

verify SNMP settings

Hi All, I recently configured SNMP settings for fortigate-60B. I would like to know how can I verify that SNMP settings are working as they should be. I have not received any traps of my SNMP manager uptil now. Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
nvelocity
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I guess I wasn' t clear and misread part of the thread. I am looking for the OID to measure in/out traffic on the WAN interface. I' ve used getif to walk the tree but I can' t find this simple measurement and I know my SNMP is working. I am already loggin in MRTG but I want to add WAN traffic to a monitoring system that only asks for OID. Anyone have this specific info?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Then get the MIB, it documents all OIDs. To be found on the ftp site, firmware, Fortigate, current release, subfolder SNMP.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
nvelocity
New Contributor

I guess I' m missing something then. I have downloaded the MIB but I can' t find the info I' m looking for. Would you be so kind as to point out what I' m missing to find the in/out traffic OID for the WAN? Much thanks.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The closest I can get from the Fortinet MIB is " fgFwPolByteCount" . The raw count of bytes through an interface is probably covered elsewhere - not Fortinet specific. Try the switch MIB or router MIB. If someone on the forum is monitoring this with e.g. MRTG please get the OID out so that we don' t have to search so hard. Thanks.
Not applicable

Hi there, I use a linux distribution called CactiEZ for snmp monitoring. http://cactiez.cactiusers.org/ For this distribution there are Fortigate templates available. Its als possible to query your unit to see if the unit responds. Dave (Sorry for the picture quality but it will give u an idea)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors